Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Keep it going it won't stop! I'm coming for that number one spot!


Thanks Luda...

So last night “MY” Los Angeles Clippers ended up with the #1 pick in the NBA draft for the third time in franchise history. ESPN and others had a few jokes but the Clippers will have the last laugh.

Now don’t front Danny Manning was a solid pick at #1 in the 1988 draft…he later went on to suffer a few injuries but he did carry his load. We all know the tale of the BUST that went on to become Michael Olowokandi, the Clippers #1 pick in the 1998 draft. Ok... so Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Antawn Jamison, and Mike Bibby, were available in that draft and we chose the “Kandiman”, like all teams we are allowed a bust or two (all jokes can go that ((>>>>)) way).

The balls (of all things) bounced back in our court last night once they secured the top spot in the 09 draft lottery. What a difference one player can make. You see how the #1 seed worked out for the Chicago Bulls this past season. While the Clippers still need to test the free agency pool, a #1 draft pick is just what the franchise needed to get the momentum rolling.

It did my heart a little good to see EVP Andy Roeser standing tall in his Clippers Blazer last night and I have to admit I held my head a bit higher on my way to work in my Clippers jacket also.

For all those who missed it...I got you covered!



No comments:

Post a Comment